Monday, February 9, 2015

HDR Phototgraphy

HDR photography is when you take numerous pictures of one shot, then blend them together. HDR is short for High Definition Range. The purpose in this is to make it have better lighting. I like that HDR photography balances the brightness, because sometimes when I take non-HDR pictures there is a super bright park, then a dark part.

To take an HDR picture, you take a set of pictures of one object or view. Between each picture, you adjust the exposure. You adjust the contrast by moving the dial on the lens back and forth. You do not move the camera between shots. If you do move the camera between shots, when you go to blend your set of photos, it will be blurry.

HDR has many different functions than regular photography. One of those is that you adjust the exposure after every picture you take. Another is that the pictures come out super bright, or super dark. After they come out, you would usually blend them all together in photo shop.

Here is a portrait style HDR picture. I had to make sure the model was completely still because when you take HDR pictures, you have to adjust the exposure. That means that the model has to stay still in a comfortable position. Also, I chose a back round where the building blocked the trees so that they wouldn't move as muck, because if there's movement in the pictures, it will turn out blurry or out of focus.


This is my HDR Landscape photo. I took it in the morning, because I knew there would be great lighting. I put my camera on a stool so that I didn't move I while adjust the exposure. Also, it was good time to take these because there was barely any wind, and wind would move the branches and trees.


This is my Super Impose photo.It is a blended photo of my HDR portrait, and my HDR Landscape photo. We do this because the portrait photo may not have the best back round, and to have an amazing photo, you can take your back round, center it, and trim it. Then you will have a great back round for your HDR portrait. We also chose a creative word that fits with the picture to describe it a bit.


15 comments:

  1. 1. I like the sky, it's very colorful
    2. Show the other person's eye
    3. Your image is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Surreal!
    The landscape is tilted.
    Great focal point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how she is looking at the word
    Two white lines coming from the corner of the page
    Cool text layovers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the golden hour shot
    Your landscape is tilted
    I like your text's colour

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Surrealism and colors.
    Theres a white line on the top of your photo.
    Great Photo overall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your landscape!!!!!! beautiful!!
    The word is hard to read.
    I like your superimpose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That golden hour shot is golden
    It's a profile instead of a portrait
    Nice green landscape

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks amazing, spectacular of sorts.
    It is a profile and not a portrait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice comment.
      PUT A 2ND Good Comment!
      Nice critisism.

      Delete
  9. Good Rule Of Thirds.
    Text Placement...
    Beautiful background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome landscape
    cut out wasn't the best the text matches really well

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great background!
    Theres two white lines that could be fixed.
    Good job placing your subject in the rule of thirds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing colors in the sky!
    Can't read the last part of the text.
    Great picture of lan!i!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful landscape
    Its a profile and not a portrait
    Nice getting the shot during the golden hour

    ReplyDelete
  14. The landscape is awesome
    That white line on top is definetly no supposed to be there
    Nice word choice

    ReplyDelete