Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Double Exposed Portraits

Portrait photography is a photo of a person, usually focused on their face, that shows expression and the mood of the photo. Portrait pictures are not always of people, or somebody's face. Portrait pictures can be of any object. Profile view is a photo of the side of a persons face, where you can't see both eyes. Silhouetting is where you can only see the outline and edges of the subject, and the rest of the picture is black, or one solid color.

Double exposure photos are a profile view of someone's face and head, and inside there are two more texture photos that symbolize you. They are used to include two photos that describe you, or represent something that you like to do. We make double exposed photos to provide two photos that explain you, or something you like to do. We make double exposed photos like this:


  1. Take your amazing profile view portrait photo, and two texture photos that represent you.
  2. Open photoshop< File< Load files into stack< Browse and select your three photos.
  3. You will use the burn tool to brighten you back round until it's white.
  4. Next, you'll crop your images to 8.5in by 11in.
  5. Now, you'll click on each layer, and put the blend mode on screen.
  6. For layer adjustments, you'll do the following: Layer< New Adjustment Layer, then select the adjustment layer you chose to use.
Here is how you Find the Layer effects.

Here is the curves Adjustment Layer I used on my final double exposed portrait. 





Here is my final double exposed portrait. I used the adjustment layers Curves, Saturation, and Vibrance.

Here is my Practice double exposed portrait. I used the Adjustment Layers Curves.




14 comments:

  1. 1. Your have creative pictures
    2. I'm speechless
    3. I like your overall exposure image

    ReplyDelete
  2. wat
    that is all I have to see.
    (wat is a good thing.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative images
    I like how you can see both images clearly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like your clouds and giant flower
    i don't know what you did wrong
    your quality is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can clearly see the two symbols
    Maybe more color
    Overall yours was my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the awesome images
    hard to see the person
    awesome job blending it together

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how the flower is centered right in the photo.
    I wish that the color of the flower really popped out.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great job
    no complaints
    i can see your symbols

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures!
    Brilliant symbolism!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the separation of the images
    It looks like the cloud is a negative space
    Cool work

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see the images really clearly
    could add more color
    overall its an awesome work of art

    ReplyDelete
  12. The symbols are just awesome.
    I just can't even
    Great use of your adjustment layers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Symbols!
    nothin.
    Great adjustment layers!

    ReplyDelete