Friday, March 13, 2015

Typography Images

What are Typography Portraits? Typography portraits are a picture of some body's face, with text that makes up their face. The text is color coated to make the colors match the original picture. When we made a typography portrait of an innovator, we got the portrait from Google images, and we got the text from a Wikipedia website about the certain innovator.

Images can make a lasting impact on people a few different ways. One way to make a lasting impact using a Typography portrait is to be able to relate to the picture and text. For example the emotion in a picture could be ratable, along with the words and colors blend with the picture.

My biggest challenge during the process of making the image was being able to follow instructions and finish in a timely manner. It was easy for me to get stuck by not knowing how to do something, and also messing it up by little mistakes I didn't notice which caused me to have to start over. I overcame these issues by referring back to the tutorial when I was lost. I got confused doing the cropping and it was hard to prevent small mistakes, but once I got the hang of it, it was super fun!



This is my innovator typography portrait, using the first tutorial. I used a picture of Michael Dell, the CEO of Dell computers. I used Wikipedia text that I found about him on the internet.




This is my Teacher typography intermediate portrait. I interviewed Mrs. Washington and asked her what words describe her, and I used those words for the text.





This is my Final finished typography advanced tutorial. The words I used were Love, Sports, and Courage.

20 comments:

  1. It's crazy cool
    Some text is hard to read
    it's overall good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the colors it is awesome
    Doesn't look like you
    awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how colorful the image is.
    You can see some specks of words flying off your hair
    I love how you used different text fonts for some words

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fonts you chose for the different words.
    Cant really see its you.
    I like the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good words.
    Doesn't look like you.
    Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your background gradient.
    I think you could have chose your text colors better.
    I like the way you chose different fonts for each different words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked the words you chose
    you could of made it look like you
    I also liked the fonts and colors you chose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Words poop out and easy to read
    Not a lot of highlights
    I like the different fonts

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like how it represent you
    You can probably do you cut off better and also I cant really read your words
    Good Overall!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the colors you used.
    The image doesn't look so much like you.
    I like the words you used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like how colorful it is
    It is a little hard to tell that it's you
    I like all the different fonts you used

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the words you used.
    It doesn't really look like you.
    I like how you used different fonts for each word.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like how colorful the image is.
    The words could have been more clear
    I love how you used different text fonts for some words

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every font you chosed was good
    Maybe put something to see that its clearly you
    Good colors

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like how it is colorful
    Next time you should do a pasteurize
    I like the over all

    ReplyDelete
  16. 1. I like your word of choice
    2. Your font style makes the image not look like you
    3. Nice overall image

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the colors you chose
    It's kind of hard to see your face
    I like the different text fonts you chose

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like the colors of your finished product
    There are words on the background
    Great text choices

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like how colorful it is
    You could have done better on the way it looks to make it look like you
    I really like how all the words represent you

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good colors Asha!
    I can't really see your face.
    Great words.

    ReplyDelete