Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Motivational Poster

Here we go starting off the new year with a new and awesome project!  We are making a motivational poster, Our layer requirements we need a total of four images. Three of those four images are photos that symbolize yourself, and the last one is a profile photo of you. We are also required to have two text layers. One of the two will be your manifesto, and the second one should be your personal quotes. For the design expectations all text must be kerned to create visual balance, leaving no empty spaces. You also must have a triadic color scheme withe one dominant color and two accent colors. We are required to use blending options for our text layers, including drop shadow, bevel, emboss, stroke and outer glow. Another requirement is using adjustment layers for our images, including levels, exposure, curves, and color balance.

How did I make a Motivational Poster?

First, I took a photo of myself, and three symbolic images of my choice. I imported them to my computer, then photoshop. I also Added my text layers which consisted of: my personal quotes and my manifesto. I then kerned the text using adjustment layers and effects. When I finished my text layers, I moved on to my photos. I chose my triadic color scheme, added that to my text, then put an effect on my photos to alter the colors. Last, "command S" and we have our finished motivational poster!

What was my biggest challenge?

I think my biggest challenge was proper kerning. I didn't have a lot of practice with this, and I wasn't very confident in my skills. I didn't do so well with adding text layers, and fonts to make a visual appealing final product. I overcame this by asking for tips and ways to improve, and I think that I did a pretty good job in the end. I think that I could improve this by practicing more, and also trying to stay calm and not stress about it.
Final Product
Image layers
Text Layers

No comments:

Post a Comment