Monday, November 30, 2015

Scratch Game Design


User experience has benefited me in many ways. I use it to make my project better and it helps me think about the player. When other users provide me with constructive criticism, it helps me improve my game, and make it better!!!! I love getting help from others because I want to make my game better!


My game has a time and score variable. The time variable is the amount of time that you have to score a score of zero or more, in order to win. The score variable is to either win or lose the game. If you get a score of -15 or less, it will automatically end the game no matter how much time you have remaining. In my next game I think I might switch it up and change my characters. But I might just keep the theme going.
My favorite code game is my platformer because it a little bit more complex. I have numerous levels and the background changes. I also made my monkey move as if it were jumping. This game is more difficult than my chase game I think because the time limit is shorter and you have to move certain ways to jmp onto the platforms and to reach the bananas. I had a lot of fun creating this game because it was quite a challenge!

11 comments:

  1. Your game is very fluent and i could play it for hours cause its that fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the diver moves very smoothly!
    The score goes down really quickly and if you get to -15 the game stops.
    I really like the expression on the shark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how nicely the shark moves. The score points drop super fast and they take longer to regain , maybe you should chnge it so the points don't go down that fast. I like how everything matches in your game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the theme of you're game. But the "You lose" screen is delayed and won't show up unless you lose and you restart, and even then you have to restart the game again because it senses that you lost. I like the fluency of the movement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the theme
    i think you should make it so you don't start with an you lose
    I like how smooth you move

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the backdrop you chose it matches your concept, right when I started the game you lose popped up on the screen, but your game overall was a good game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your different backgrounds you made for the platformer game. I think maybe you could make it so that you know you win or lose and move on to levels. Overall great idea and I like the sprites you used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you used different stages. Maybe you could make it so the movement is a little smoother? I can't really judge though because I'm quite clueless and my platformer isn't even playable. I like the overall concept of your game and the sprites you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job on making multiple levels but when I click the up arrow key the monkey keeps going up, even when it is on a platform.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job with this game but maybe you can fix the monkey so it can fall and you maybe should make new places for the blocks. This was a cool game with different levels.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the different costumes of the shark. I think you should change the points so you don't lose points as fast. I love the theme.

    ReplyDelete